- PRINTED STENCIL PATTERN – freestencilgallery.com
- PLASTIC STENCIL SHEETS – Grafix 9-Inch-by-12-Inch Stencil Film
- CUTTING SURFACE – scrap piece of wood or self-healing cutting mat OR back of metal baking sheet.
5 SIMPLE STEPS:
1. PRINT YOUR STENCIL OF CHOICE.
The stencils on this site are all formatted to print on an 8.5″ x 11″ letter sized paper.
2. TAPE THE PRINTED STENCIL ONTO THE BACK OF A STENCIL SHEET.
3. CUT OUT THE DESIGN FROM THE STENCIL SHEET.
You can use an X-Acto Knife or a soldering iron style Stencil Cutter to trace the design and cut it out of the plastic stencil sheets. Be mindful of the surface you are cutting on. If using an X-Acto Knife, I recommend cutting on top of something like a scrap piece of wood or, if you want to get fancy… a Self-Healing Cutting Mat. When using a Soldering Iron, I use the back of a baking sheet.
4. POP OUT ANY STUCK PIECES AND CLEAN UP ANY CORNERS, AS NECESSARY.
Remove any stuck pieces and clean up any edges and corners. Now you’re ready to use your Reusable Stencil!
5.STORE YOUR STENCILS FOR LATER USE.
After using, let the Stencils Dry and store in a file folder. You can also go back and print out the Thumbnails and glue/tape them onto your filing system to help you find them later.
OPTIONAL – If you want to make your new stencil sticky, to help keep it from sliding around while working with it, you can use an Easy Tack Spray Adhesive.